- 125g butter, softened
- 1 cup (175g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups mashed banana
- 1¾ cups (255g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup (115g) golden syrup
- butter, extra, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer and beat for 8–10 minutes or until pale and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Gradually add the eggs and beat well to combine. Add the banana, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and golden syrup and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a 26cm x 11cm (2.5 litre-capacity) lightly greased loaf tin lined with baking paper. Bake for 60–65 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Cool in the tin for 20 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve with the extra butter. Serves 6–8.
Really great recipe. The brown sugar and golden syrup give it such a good flavour. Great for using up lots of ripe bananas, you taste them but it’s not overpowering. I cut half the loaf into slices and put them in the freezer for lunchboxes - it defrosts well.
This banana bread is the BEST. So easy to make and uses up a heap of overripe bananas (usually about 6) when other recipes only call for half that amount. Have made 4 times over the past 3 mths to put in freezer for school lunches but it is eaten so quickly it never makes it there!
So easy and absolutely delicious. Thank you for a great recipe.
Awesome recipe! Made it for one who doesn’t like banana’s that much and it has gone in her school lunch each day since I’ve made it!
I have a family of banana bread lovers and went away from usual recipe yesterday to try this one and it was an absolute hit! I am making it again today! Love the dense bread texture and the flavours.
I made this yesterday. Best banana bread moist delicious and so easy to cook. Thanks for the recipe will use this one again