chewy chocolate chip cookies
- 200g cold unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 cup (175g) brown sugar
- ¾ cup (165g) white (granulated) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (300g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place the butter and both the sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on low speed until just combined.
- Increase the speed to medium and beat for 8 minutes or until pale and creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the vanilla, milk and egg and beat for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt and beat until combined.
- Add the chocolate and stir to combine.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on lightly greased baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper+. Bake for 12–14 minutes or until golden brown++.
- Allow to cool on the trays for 5 minutes before transferring onto wire racks to cool. Makes 22
+ Leave 2–3cm between each ball of cookie dough to allow for spreading in the oven.
++ Cookies should be golden around the edges with even colouring on the base when they’re ready.
TIP If you’re baking more than one tray of cookies at a time, swap their shelf positions in the oven halfway through cooking time to ensure even colouring.
My 10yr old granddaughter made these for the 1st time so easy & so yummy
Cookies are siqqqqqqqq. Made them for my lit fam and blew their tops off. Would make for my wedding. Peace out. Dr Madz.
The best chocolate cookies ever !
Jo Van Gent
I made these yesterday with my son. Sooo delicious, best recipe, best cookies. Will make them again
I’ve made these cookies a few times now, and they’ve been consistently delicious. They are also the most perfect looking cookies I’ve ever made. My new favourite cookie recipe.
I made these for the first time tonight. What can I say but DELICIOUS!!