chicken and cashew massaman curry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 skinless boneless chicken thighs (1kg), cut into 3cm pieces
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ½ cup (150g) store-bought massaman curry paste
- 250g baby (chat) potatoes, thinly sliced
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- ½ cup (75g) cashews, toasted and chopped
- 1 red bird’s-eye chilli, thinly sliced
- steamed rice (optional), to serve
- Heat the oil in a large shallow saucepan over high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, turning, or until golden brown.
- Add the curry paste, potato and coconut milk and cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until the potato is tender.
- Remove the lid, stir in the lime juice and fish sauce and cook for 5 minutes or until the liquid is reduced slightly.
- Divide the curry between serving bowls and top with the coriander, cashew and chilli. Serve with rice (if using). Serves 4.
Probably the best curry I have ever had. Loved it and so simple
Quick, easy and delicious. Fantastic recipe