chicken pad thai
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup (125ml) tomato sauce (ketchup)
- ½ cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 x 200g chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 100g snow peas (mange tout), thinly sliced
- 200g rice stick noodles, cooked
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- sea salt flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat until hot. Add half the oil and the egg and cook, swirling the wok or frying pan to distribute the egg, for 30 seconds. Remove egg from the heat. Roll the egg up into a tube and slice with a small, sharp knife.
- Place the tomato sauce, chicken stock and sugar in a bowl and mix well to combine. Set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and chicken to the wok and cook for 5 minutes or until golden. Add the onion and snow peas and cook for a further 1 minute. Add the noodles, sauce mixture, lemon juice, egg, and salt and stir until well combined. Top with the chives to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.