- 10 soft fresh dates (200g), pitted
- 2 bananas (400g), peeled and chopped
- ⅔ cup (70g) raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 1½ cups (180g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- ¼ cup (60ml) light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Line a 20cm square cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the dates, banana, cacao, almond meal, oil, vanilla and maple in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, scraping the sides of the processor with a spatula if you need to. Smooth the top and bake for 20 minutes or until just firm around the edges.
- Wearing oven gloves, carefully remove the brownie from the oven and allow it to cool in the tin for 20 minutes. Place it in the fridge until chilled.
- Turn the brownie out onto a large board and, using a sharp knife, cut it into squares to serve. Keep the brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Makes 16
There are no comments for this entry yet.