- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 150g button mushrooms, sliced
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 wood-fired bread rolls, halved
- 2 tablespoons store-bought black tapenade
- 16 slices salami*
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
- 250g provolone, sliced**
- rocket (arugula) leaves, to serve
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the oil, garlic, mushroom and salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes or until the mushroom is tender. Set aside.
- Heat a sandwich press to hot or a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Spread the base of each roll with tapenade, top with salami, mushroom, oregano and cheese. Sandwich with the remaining tops. Toast for 4–5 minutes or until the sandwiches are golden and cheese is melted. Serve with rocket. Serves 4.
* Instead of salami, you can use shaved ham or roasted beef, chicken or turkey.
** Provolone is a semi-hard cow’s milk cheese traditionally from Italy. It has a sweet flavour and melts well.
There are no comments for this entry yet.