lemon, chia and ricotta muffins
- 2½ cups (375g) self-raising (self-rising) flour
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
- ⅓ cup (60g) black chia seeds+, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 cup (200g) fresh ricotta
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (280g) plain Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
lemon drizzle icing
- 1 cup (160g) icing (confectioner’s) sugar
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place the flour, sugar, lemon rind and chia seeds in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the ricotta, egg, vanilla, yoghurt and oil, and, using a butter knife, mix until just combined.
- Spoon into 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) well-greased muffin tins.
- Cook for 20–25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Set aside to cool for 2 minutes in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the lemon drizzle icing, place the sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Sprinkle the muffins with extra chia seeds and drizzle over the icing with a small spoon to serve. Makes 12.
+ Chia seeds are available from the health food aisle of the supermarket.
There are no comments for this entry yet.