potato, onion and parmesan hash browns
- 1 small brown onion, coarsely grated
- 500g sebago (starchy) potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 cup (110g) coarsely grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes, plus extra to serve
- cracked black pepper
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 100g goat’s curd, to serve
- ¼ cup dill leaves, to serve
- Place the onion and potato in a fine sieve placed over a bowl and press out any excess moisture.
- Place the potato mixture, parmesan, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of the melted butter in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Heat the remaining butter, in batches, in a large non-stick frying pan and cook ¼ cup of the potato mixture, in batches, for 3–4 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel. Serve with the goat’s curd, dill, salt and pepper. Makes 12.
There are no comments for this entry yet.