tomato relish, ham and cheddar muffins
- 2½ cups (375g) self-raising (self-rising) flour
- ½ cup (140g) store-bought tomato relish, plus extra to serve
- 2 cups (300g) shredded ham
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup chives, chopped
- 1½ cups (180g) grated cheddar
- ½ cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 2 eggs
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the flour, relish, ham, spinach, chive, cheddar, oil, milk, eggs, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix until just combined.
- Divide the mixture between 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) lightly greased muffin tins lined with paper cases and cook for 25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool
slightly. Serve with the extra tomato relish. Makes 12.
donna hay team
Hi Devorah, for a complete veggie option you could add more spinach leaves and semi sun dried tomato. Or you can replace the ham with the same quantity of cooked shredded chicken. The DH team
Hi there. Any ideas for substitutes (with quantities) for the ham? TIA