carrot, caraway, pine nut and chilli pesto
- 3 cups (450g) grated carrot (about 3 carrots)
- ½ teaspoon caraway seeds
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
- ½ cup (80g) toasted pine nuts, plus extra to serve
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 1 small clove garlic
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Place the carrot, caraway, chilli, pine nuts, oil, water, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until finely chopped and well combined. Top with extra pine nuts and chilli flakes to serve. Makes 2 cups.
This pesto will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
There are no comments for this entry yet.