chicken and almond milk curry
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 800g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and cut into 4cm pieces
- 1¼ cups (350g) tomato puree (passata)
- 2 cups (500ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- 1 long red chilli, halved
- ½ cup (80g) chopped almonds, toasted
- cauliflower rice and cucumber raita, to serve (see link to recipes in step 4)
- micro (baby) coriander (cilantro), to serve
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4cm-piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- To make the curry paste, place the onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin, cardamom, fennel, garam masala and salt in a small food processor and process until smooth.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over high heat, add the chicken and cook, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until lightly golden. Remove and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan, add the curry paste and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2–3 minutes or until aromatic. Add the tomato puree, almond milk, cinnamon and chilli. Return the chicken to the pan and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for 25–30 minutes or until slightly thickened and the chicken is cooked through.
- Top the curry with the almonds. Serve with the cauliflower rice, cucumber raita and coriander. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.