chinese pork skewers
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 850g pork loin fillet, trimmed and sliced into 1cm rounds
- ¼ cup (60ml) Chinese black vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha hot chilli sauce+
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 green onions (scallions), finely shredded
- ¼ cup (40g) cashews, toasted and roughly chopped
- ½ cup red-vein sorrel leaves
- Place the hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, garlic and ginger in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the pork and toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue to high heat.
- Place the vinegar and sriracha in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Brush the pan with oil, thread the pork onto 8 skewers and cook for 3–4 minutes, turning, or until charred and cooked through.
- Serve with the vinegar mixture, onion, cashew and sorrel. Serves 4.
+ Sriracha hot chilli sauce is available from the Asian food aisle of most supermarkets and from Asian supermarkets.
There are no comments for this entry yet.