chocolate and peanut butter date fudge
- 330g fresh dates, pitted
- ⅓ cup (95g) natural smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 80g 70% dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon white or black sea salt flakes (optional), to serve
- Place the dates, peanut butter and vanilla in a food processor and process for 2–3 minutes or until smooth and mixture comes together. Press the mixture into a 20cm x 10cm lightly greased loaf tin lined with non-stick baking paper, smoothing the top with the back of a spoon.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir occasionally until the chocolate has melted. Pour the chocolate over the peanut butter caramel, smoothing the top with a palette knife. Sprinkle with salt, if using, and freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Using a hot knife, cut into pieces to serve. Makes 32.
+ The fudge pieces will keep refrigerated or frozen in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
There are no comments for this entry yet.