chocolate sweet potato mousse cake
- 1 sweet potato (kumara) (300g), peeled and cut into 4cm cubes
- 20 fresh dates (300g), pitted and chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- ½ cup (75g) buckwheat flour
- ¾ cup (75g) raw cacao powder+
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 50g 70% dark chocolate, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the sweet potato in a large saucepan of boiling water and cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the date in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside to soak for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Place the sweet potato, date, vanilla, almond meal, flour, cacao, baking powder and eggs in a food processor and process for 1–2 minutes or until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 20cm round springform cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Spread evenly and cook for 40 minutes or until firm. Set aside to cool in the tin.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until cooled completely. Sprinkle with the grated chocolate to serve. Serves 6–8.
+ Raw cacao powder is made by cold-pressing unroasted cocoa beans. Find it in some supermarkets and health food stores.
There are no comments for this entry yet.