couscous, watercress and salmon cakes
with watercress and apple salad
- ¼ cup (40g) wholemeal couscous
- ¼ cup (60ml) boiling water
- 400g skinless salmon fillets, chopped
- 2 cups (30g) watercress sprigs, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup (125ml) buttermilk
- 1 Granny Smith (green) apple, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (30g) watercress sprigs, extra
- cracked black pepper, to serve
- Place the couscous and boiling water in a heatproof bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 5 minutes or until all the water has absorbed. Using a fork, fluff up the grains.
- Place the salmon in a food processor and process until very finely chopped.
- Place the salmon, watercress, half the dill, the lemon rind, salt and couscous in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Shape ¼ cup of the mixture into a patty and repeat with remaining mixture to make 8 patties.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook the patties, in batches, for 2 minutes each side.
- Place the remaining dill, buttermilk, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the apple and watercress in a separate small bowl, add the dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve the salmon cakes with the apple and watercress salad. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.