kale and watercress pesto
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 cups kale leaves
- 2 cups watercress sprigs
- ½ cup (80g) blanched almonds
- ¼ cup (40g) pine nuts, toasted
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Place the basil, kale, watercress, almonds, pine nuts, garlic, lemon rind, parmesan, oil, lemon juice and water in the bowl of a food processor and process to a rough paste.
- Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to use. Makes 2 cups.
Tip: This pesto is delicious dolloped over meat or fish, or tossed through whole-wheat spaghetti. It will keep refrigerated for 3–4 days.
There are no comments for this entry yet.