raw lemon tarts
- 1¾ cups (420g) firm ricotta+
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup (90g) honey, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1¼ cups (200g) almonds
- ⅓ cup (25g) desiccated coconut
- 1½ tablespoons coconut oil
- To make the base, place the almonds, coconut and coconut oil in a food processor and process for 1 minute or until the mixture comes together.
- Press into the base and sides of 6 lightly greased 10cm x 5cm x 2cm rectangular loose-bottomed fluted tart tins. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Place the ricotta, lemon rind, juice and honey in a food processor and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. Add the vanilla and stir through until just combined.
- Divide the ricotta mixture between the tart shells. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the tins and top with the extra honey and extra lemon rind to serve. Makes 6.
+ Firm ricotta is available from the deli section of the supermarket.
There are no comments for this entry yet.