roasted tomato zucchini pasta
with poached egg
- 12 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 400g truss cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups basil leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 6 medium (1kg) zucchini (courgettes),
thinly sliced lengthways using a julienne peeler
- grated parmesan, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the garlic and oil on a large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper and cook for 10 minutes.
- While the garlic is cooking, heat a large saucepan of water over low heat until just simmering. Add the vinegar and use a wooden spoon to create a gentle whirlpool. Crack each egg, one at a time, into a small bowl and gently slip into the water. Poach the eggs, one at a time, for 3–4 minutes or until the eggwhite is cooked and the yolk is still runny. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Place the tomatoes and basil on the tray
with the garlic, sprinkle with salt and pepper and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes or until the tomatoes and garlic are soft.
- Place the zucchini on the tray and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes to warm through. Remove from oven and toss to combine.
- Divide between serving bowls and top each with a poached egg. Sprinkle with parmesan to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.