rosemary, chia and parmesan crackers
- ½ cup (80g) almonds
- 1 cup (150g) sunflower seeds
- ½ cup (90g) white chia seeds
- ⅓ cup chopped rosemary
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- labne and extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the almonds, sunflower seeds, chia, rosemary, salt and pepper in a food processor and process for 30 seconds or until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Place the mixture in a large bowl, add the parmesan, baking powder, egg, oil and water and stir well to combine.
- Divide the
mixture in half and roll out each portion between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to 5mm thick. Place on 2 large oven trays, cut into 4cm squares and cook for 30 minutes or until crisp. Set aside to cool on the trays.
- Serve with labne and extra virgin olive oil. Makes 55.
Tip: The crackers will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
I love these, so tasty! I changed the recipe slightly to exclude the cheese but added in some garlic and only added in the egg, no oil. I only had almond meal so used that which worked too. Perfect for gluten intolerance and maybe those who love the Paleo way..