sumac chicken with broad beans, cucumber and feta
- 4 x 180g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 8 cloves garlic, skin on
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (70g) coarse rye sourdough breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, halved
- 4 Lebanese cucumbers, spiralised+
- 1½ cups (225g) frozen broad (fava) beans, thawed and podded
- 100g feta, thinly sliced
- Greek basil leaves, to serve
- Place the chicken, garlic, sumac, salt, pepper and 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large bowl and toss to combine. Set aside for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 240°C (475°F). Place the chicken mixture on a greased large oven tray. Cook for 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Toss the breadcrumbs with 2 teaspoons of the oil. Add the breadcrumbs and lemon to the oven tray and cook for a further 8–10 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Squeeze the juice from the baked lemons into a small bowl. Add salt, pepper and the remaining oil and stir to combine. Divide the cucumber, broad beans, chicken, breadcrumbs and feta between plates. Drizzle with the dressing and top with basil to serve. Top with cashews and extra chilli and serve with the satay sauce. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.