zucchini and brussels sprouts fritters
- 3 zucchini (courgettes), shredded
- 6 brussels sprouts, shredded
- 200g haloumi, grated
- 2 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 1 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup (90g) rice flour+
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup (135g) goat’s curd
- baby (micro) flat-leaf parsley leaves
- finely grated lemon rind and lemon wedges, to serve
- Place the zucchini, sprouts, haloumi, onion, basil, garlic, flour, eggs and buttermilk in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a 16cm non-stick frying pan over low-medium heat. Place 1 cupful of the zucchini mixture into the pan and press down to spread evenly over the base. Cook for 3–4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Place on paper towel and repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Divide zucchini fritters between plates and top with the goat’s curd, parsley and lemon rind. Serve with the lemon wedges. Makes 4.
+ Rice flour is a gluten-free alternative for standard flour. It’s available in supermarkets and health food stores.
There are no comments for this entry yet.