lamb and pea pies
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 500g lamb mince
- 150g tomato paste
- ¼ cup (60ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 5 sheets store-bought shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- tomato sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390ºF). Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the oil, onion, garlic, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes or until tender. Add the lamb and cook for 6–8 minutes or until well browned. Add the tomato paste, stock and peas and cook for 3–4 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Cut 12 x 9cm rounds from 3 sheets of pastry and press into the base of a 12 x ½ cup-capacity (125ml) lightly greased muffin tin. Spoon in the mixture. Cut 12 x 7cm rounds from the remaining pastry. Place on top of mixture and press the edges with a fork. Brush with the egg and score a cross in the centre. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Serve with tomato sauce. Makes 12.
There are no comments for this entry yet.