beef and veal harissa meatballs
with tomato relish
- 300g beef mince
- 300g veal mince
- 2 tablespoons harissa paste
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- ½ cup (50g) store-bought dried breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 500g truss cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup (60ml) vincotto
- 1 cup (190g) quinoa, cooked, to serve
- mint and coriander (cilantro) leaves, to serve
- Place the beef, veal, harissa, carrot, breadcrumbs, egg, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on an oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add the meatballs and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the pan, set aside and keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan. Add the tomato, vincotto, salt and pepper and cook for 6–8 minutes or until reduced and sticky. Divide the quinoa among plates, top with the meatballs, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve with tomato relish and herbs. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.