Buttermilk jalapeno and coriander
- 600ml buttermilk
- 2 fresh jalapeño chillies, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- ¼ cup (60ml) lime juice
- ½ cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 2 green onions (scallions), chopped
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1.5kg skirt steak
- vegetable oil, for brushing
- sorrel leaves and sliced jalapeños, to serve
- Place 2 cups (500ml) of the buttermilk, jalapeño, garlic, lime rind and juice, coriander, onion, salt and pepper in a small food processor and process until combined. Place the marinade in a large bowl. Add the steak and set aside in the refrigerator for 1 hour to marinate.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue to high. Remove the steak from the marinade and brush with oil. Cook for 6 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 6 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Slice the steak, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve with the remaining buttermilk, sorrel and jalapeños. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.