chicken, caramelised onion and tarragon pie
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 20g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup (35g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 cup (280g) store-bought caramelised onion
- ¼ cup tarragon leaves
- 1 x 375g sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed+
- Preheat oven to 240°C (475°F). Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the butter, mustard and flour to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Return the chicken to the pan, add the onion and tarragon and mix to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a 20cm x 28cm (9-cup-capacity) baking dish. Top with the pastry and press down to seal. Using a small sharp knife, cut 3 slits in the top of the pie. Cook for 16 minutes or until golden brown and puffed. Serve. Serves 4.
+ You can also use two smaller sheets of puff pastry and press to join them together.
There are no comments for this entry yet.