harissa crispy squid
- 2 tablespoons harissa paste
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- ½ cup (150g) mayonnaise
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Place the harissa, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the squid and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Half-fill a large saucepan with oil and place over medium heat until the oil reaches 180°C (350°F) on a deep-frying thermometer. Add the flour to the squid mixture and toss until coated and sticky. Cook the squid, in batches, for 3 minutes or until golden and crisp. Drain and set aside.
- Serve with the mayonnaise and lemon. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.