honey-roasted chicken with chickpea and roast vegetable salad
- 400g baby beetroot, trimmed and halved
- 400g baby carrots, peeled
- ¼ cup (90g) honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 x 200g chicken breast fillets, skin on
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas (garbanzos), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF). Place the beetroot, carrots, honey, 1 tablespoon of the oil, cumin and salt and pepper on a large baking tray and toss to coat. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken and chickpeas to the tray, drizzle with the remaining oil and roast for a further 25–30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Top the chickpeas and vegetables with the sliced chicken and basil leaves to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.