mushroom and cauliflower frittata
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 200g small Swiss brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 500g cauliflower florets
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- ¼ cup tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 100g feta, crumbled
- micro (baby) flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the onion, garlic and mushroom, and cook for 3 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside.
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice.
- Place the eggs, milk, tarragon, parsley, salt and pepper in a large bowl, whisk to combine. Add the cauliflower and mushroom mixture and stir to combine.
- Divide between 2 x 4-cup-capacity (1-litre) 20cm baking dishes and sprinkle with the feta. Cook for 20–30 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Serve with parsley. Serves 4–6.
Tip: You can also cook this in an 8-cup-capacity (2-litre) baking dish and cook for 35 minutes or until just cooked through.
There are no comments for this entry yet.