pancetta, zucchini and feta muffins
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 450g zucchini (courgette), thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan
- ½ cup (80g) self raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup (120g) sour cream
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 12 slices (180g) round pancetta
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Heat the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3–4 minutes or until lightly golden. Place in a large bowl with the zucchini, parmesan, flour, parsley, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Make a well in the centre, add the eggs and sour cream and mix to combine. Fold through the feta and divide the mixture between 12 x lightly greased ½-cup-capacity (125ml) cupcake tins lined with the pancetta.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Makes 12.
There are no comments for this entry yet.