pepper and parmesan crusted lamb cutlets
with green tomato salad
- 1 cup (70g) panko (Japanese) breadcrumbs
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- sea salt flakes
- 12 lamb cutlets, trimmed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cups (40g) baby kale leaves
- 1 cup (140g) frozen peas, thawed
- 200g sugar snap peas, blanched
- 4 green tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Place the breadcrumbs, parmesan, pepper and salt on a shallow tray and mix to combine. Dip each cutlet in the egg and press into the breadcrumbs. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the lamb, in batches, for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- While the lamb is cooking, place the vinegar and remaining oil in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the kale, peas, sugar snap peas and tomato and gently toss to combine. Divide the lamb cutlets between plates and serve with the salad, sprinkled with salt. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.