perfectly cooked steak
- 2 x 4cm-thick rump steaks or boneless sirloin steaks (700g)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups (600g) rock salt
- cracked black pepper
- Rub the steaks with the oil.
- Spread half the rock salt over a tray,
top with the steaks and cover with the remaining salt. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Wipe all the salt from the steaks, using
paper towel, and sprinkle with pepper.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over
- Cook the steaks, turning every 1 minute,
for 2–3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Cover gently with aluminium foil and
allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serves 4
The BEST steak I have ever had. Was worried about the salt but turned out perfectly!!
I followed this recipe using Rib eye and it was the most delicious steak I have ever eaten in my life!!!!