pulled pork nachos
- 250g jar pickled jalapeños
- 6 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup (60g) brown sugar
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1kg pork neck, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 200g corn chips
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 green tomatoes, chopped
- 2 long green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- micro (baby) coriander leaves and sour cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the jalapeños (and pickling liquid), garlic, sugar, salt and pepper in a small food processor. Process until finely chopped and place in a large heavy-based ovenproof saucepan. Add the water and pork and cook, covered, for 1½–2 hours or until tender. Using two forks, shred the pork and return to the cooking liquid. Add the lime juice and mix to combine. Divide the corn chips and pork between bowls, and top with avocado, tomato, onion, coriander and sour cream to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.