ricotta, chive and prosciutto omelettes
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon pouring (single) cream
- 70g ricotta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 20g butter
- ¼ cup (60g) sour cream
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 100g prosciutto
- Whisk the eggwhites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in the egg yolks, cream, ricotta, chives, salt and pepper. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the butter and place lightly greased egg rings in the pan. Pour ¼ egg mixture into each ring and cook for 3 minutes each side or until puffed and golden. Repeat with remaining egg mixture.
- To serve, place omelettes on a plate and top with the sour cream, spinach and prosciutto. Serves 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.