rocket pasta with seared tuna
- 200g spaghetti
- 1 x 125g tuna steak
- olive oil, for brushing
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
- 2 tablespoons salted capers, rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 50g finely shredded large rocket (arugula) leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- cracked black pepper and lemon wedges, to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8–10 minutes or until al dente. While the pasta is cooking, heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Brush the tuna with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute each side or until seared. Remove from pan and set aside. Add the extra olive oil, capers, garlic and chilli to the pan and cook for 3 minutes or until the capers are crisp. Add the cooked pasta, rocket and lemon juice to the pan and toss to combine. Divide the pasta between serving bowls, slice the tuna and place on top of the pasta. Sprinkle with pepper and serve with lemon wedges. Serves 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.