rustic summer crumb pasta
- 200g spaghetti
- 100g sourdough or crusty bread
- 8 sun-dried tomato halves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup small basil leaves
- 1 small buffalo mozzarella, halved
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- extra olive oil and finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8–10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and return to the pan to keep warm. While the pasta is cooking, place the bread, tomato, garlic, salt, pepper and oil in the bowl of a food processor and process in short bursts until the mixture resembles small crumbs. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the crumb mixture and cook, stirring, for 4–5 minutes or until crumbs are golden. Toss the crumbs and basil with the pasta. Divide between serving bowls and top with the mozzarella. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and extra olive oil. Sprinkle with parmesan. Serves 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.