smoky haloumi and quinoa salad
- 1 cup (200g) white quinoa
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 450g mixed tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 500g haloumi, sliced
- 6 sprigs lemon thyme
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
smoked paprika dressing
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place the quinoa and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and allow to cool.
- To make the dressing, place the lemon juice, paprika, oil and honey in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the tomato, spinach and quinoa and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Place the haloumi, thyme, lemon zest and oil in a bowl and toss to coat. Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the haloumi and cook for 2 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes or until golden. Serve with the salad. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.