smoky sumac, chilli and lime chicken wings
- 1½ tablespoons ground smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground sumac
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
- 450g chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- lime wedges, to serve
- Place the paprika, chilli, sumac, sugar, pepper, salt and lime rind in a bowl and mix well to combine. Makes ½ cup. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Combine chicken with oil and ¼ cup (60g) of the rub. Place the wings on a wire rack set above a baking tray and roast for 20–30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Sprinkle with extra rub and serve with lime wedges.
Tip: Try rubbing this smoky blend on pork ribs, steak and chicken thighs. You can store remaining rub in the refrigerator for up to one month.
There are no comments for this entry yet.