spicy jerk chicken
and pickled pineapple tacos
- 200g pineapple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 long green chilli, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 cups (480g) shredded cooked chicken+
- ½ cup (125ml) orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup rice, cooked
- 400g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 small flour tortillas
- micro (baby) mint leaves, to serve
- Place the pineapple, vinegar, chilli, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and toss to combine. Set aside to pickle for 5 minutes.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over high heat, add the chicken, orange juice, honey, allspice, paprika, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until sticky. Divide the rice and beans between the tortillas. Top with the chicken, pickled pineapple, mint and extra chilli to serve. Serves 4.
+ You can use poached chicken breast, leftover roast chicken meat or store-bought roast chicken meat in this recipe.
There are no comments for this entry yet.