spinach and ricotta cannelloni
- 3 cups (840g) tomato puree (passata)
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 5 fresh lasagne sheets, cut into 15cm x 12cm rectangles
- ½ cup (15g) finely grated parmesan
- ½ cup (50g) grated mozzarella
- basil leaves, to serve
- 2 bunches (1kg) English spinach, trimmed
- 3½ cups (840g) fresh ricotta
- 1 cup (35g) finely grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- ½ cup (35g) fresh white breadcrumbs
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Place the spinach, ricotta, parmesan, parsley, garlic, lemon, dill, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the tomato puree and water in a second large bowl and mix to combine.
- Spread half of the tomato mixture over the base of a greased 20cm x 30cm ovenproof dish. Lay a lasagne sheet on a flat surface, top with ¼ cupful of the ricotta filling along the centre and roll. Place in the baking dish, seam-side down. Repeat with the remaining sheets and filling.
- Pour the remaining tomato mixture over the cannelloni, sprinkle with the parmesan and mozzarella and cook for 25–30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Top with the basil leaves to serve. Serves 4–6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.