sticky chilli chicken
- 3 long red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- ⅓ cup (80ml) white wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 x 200g chicken breast fillets, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 300g snake or green beans, finely sliced
- steamed rice, mint, basil and coriander (cilantro) leaves and lime wedges, to serve
- Place the chilli, ginger, lemongrass, fish sauce, vinegar and sugar in a deep frying pan over high heat and cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture is reduced and thickened slightly. Add the chicken and cook for 4 minutes. Turn the chicken, add the beans and continue to cook for a further 3–4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve the chicken and beans with steamed rice, mint, basil and coriander leaves and lime wedges. Serves 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.