sticky korean pork
with apple and cucumber pickle
- ⅓ cup (80ml) soy sauce
- ¼ cup (60ml) mirin
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 3 tablespoons gochujang (chilli paste)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 x 1kg pork neck, trimmed and sliced
- steamed jasmine rice and baby purple basil leaves, to serve
apple and cucumber pickle
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith (green) apple, sliced into rounds
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- ⅓ cup (80ml) rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar
- To make the apple and cucumber pickle, place the cucumber, apple, chilli, vinegar and sugar in a bowl, toss to combine and set aside.
- Place the soy sauce, mirin, vinegar, sugar, chilli paste, garlic and ginger in a bowl and mix to combine. Add the pork and toss to coat. Thread the pork onto metal skewers and cook under a preheated hot grill (broiler) for 5–7 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve the skewers with the apple and cucumber pickle, steamed rice and baby basil leaves. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.