sweet potato and pea fritters
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising (self-rising) flour
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups (375ml) buttermilk
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 cups (240g) thawed frozen peas
- 2 cups (260g) grated sweet potato (kumara)
- ⅓ cup chopped mint leaves
- ½ cup chopped basil leaves
- Place the flour, eggs and buttermilk in a bowl and stir to combine. Add the peas, sweet potato, mint and basil and mix to combine. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and brush with olive oil.
- Cook ¼ cup of the mixture, in batches, for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through, brushing the pan with oil between batches.
- Serve with a crushed pea and mint salad. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.