tarragon crab cakes with aioli
- 500g cooked picked crabmeat+
- 1½ cups (100g) fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped tarragon
- ¼ cup (75g) aioli, plus extra to serve
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- watercress sprigs, to serve
- Place the crab, breadcrumbs, lemon rind, parsley, tarragon, aioli, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well to combine. Shape ⅓ cups of the mixture into 8 patties.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the crab cakes in batches for 3 minutes each side or until golden and crisp. Sprinkle with pepper and serve with watercress and extra aioli. Makes 8.
+ You can buy cooked picked crabmeat from your fishmonger.
This is a really good recipe. It is light and full of flavour.