peach, honey and vanilla pie
- 1 x quantity sweet pie pastry (Click on link below for recipe)
- 1.2kg small ripe peaches, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- ¼ cup (35g) arrowroot
- ⅓ cup (40g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- Roll out 1 of the pastry discs between 2 sheets of lightly floured non-stick baking paper to 4mm thick and use to line an 18cm metal pie dish, trimming any excess. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Roll out the remaining pastry disc between 2 sheets of lightly floured non-stick baking paper to 3mm thick and cut into 1.5cm-wide lengths. Twist the pastry lengths from each end and place on a large baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the peach, honey, caster sugar, vanilla bean and seeds, and arrowroot in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Spread the almond meal in the base of the pastry case and top with the peach mixture. Starting in the centre of the pie, arrange the twisted pastry to create a spiral pattern, pressing to join each length of pastry. Brush with the egg and sprinkle with the raw sugar.
- Place on a large baking tray and cook for 45–50 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and cooked through. Allow to stand for 30 minutes before serving. Serves 6–8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.