roasted kale and cheese gnocchi
with chilli tomato sauce
- 3 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- ¼ cup (60ml) vincotto
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
- basil leaves, to serve
kale and cheese gnocchi
- 3 cups (100g) shredded kale
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan
- 2 cups (400g) ricotta
- ½ cup (50g) grated mozzarella
- ⅔ cup (100g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted, plus extra for dusting
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). To make the gnocchi, place the kale in a medium bowl, cover with boiling water and set aside for 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze out excess water. Place the kale, parmesan, ricotta, mozzarella and flour in a large bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Divide the mixture into 4 pieces and roll out each on a well-floured surface into a 30cm log. Cut each log into 2cm pieces and set aside. Place the tomatoes, chilli, vincotto, stock, garlic, salt and pepper in a large deep-sided roasting tray. Cover with aluminium foil and place in the oven for 5–10 minutes or until heated through.
- Add the gnocchi to the tray, drizzle with the oil and cook for a further 10–15 minutes or until the gnocchi are cooked through. Sprinkle the gnocchi with parmesan and basil leaves to serve. Serves 4–6.
Tip: You can prepare the gnocchi a day in advance – keep it refrigerated in an airtight container. You could also freeze prepared gnocchi in zip-lock bags for up to one month, and just defrost before cooking.
There are no comments for this entry yet.