smoky eggplant, lamb sausage and potato pizza
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 medium (450g) sebago (starchy) potatoes,
peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 large pita breads
- ⅓ cup
(190g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- 2 lamb sausages (320g), cases removed and
meat shaped into balls
- 1½ cups (150g) grated mozzarella
- ⅓ cup
(180g) store-bought baba ghanoush
- 2 cups baby cavolo nero (Tuscan kale)
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the chilli, garlic, potato, oregano, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 5–6 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through. Set aside.
- Spread the pita breads with the yoghurt. Top
with the potato mixture, sausage and mozzarella.
- Place on large oven trays lined with non-stick baking paper and cook for 10–12 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Top with the baba ghanoush, cavolo nero and pepper, and drizzle with extra oil to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.