afternoon tea slice
- 1 cup (100g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ¾ cup (60g) desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 125g unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 300g dark chocolate, melted+
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Combine the oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl.
- Place the golden syrup and butter in a saucepan over low heat and cook until melted. Mix the bicarbonate of soda with the water, add to the golden syrup mixture and stir to combine. Add to the oat mixture and mix well.
- Press the mixture into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Allow slice to cool in tin.
- Pour over the melted chocolate and refrigerate until set. Serves 8.
+ To melt the chocolate, place it in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth.
So good! A huge hit with each of my four kids and also satisfies my chocolate cravings!
So delicious!! Everyone raves about it
donna hay team
Hi Shashini, the recipe calls for unsalted butter but you can swap with salted if you prefer. We have not tested the recipe with milk chocolate melts but if they are your preferred choice feel free to swap them with dark chocolate. The DH team
Can I substitute Salted butter to unsalted? and can I use the milk chocolate melts? Thanks!