cacao and hazelnut spread
- 2 cups (280g) hazelnuts
- ¼ cup (25g) raw cacao powder
- 2∕₃ cup (160ml) maple syrup
- sliced toasted fruit loaf, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Spread the hazelnuts on a large baking tray and cook for 8–10 minutes or until golden.
- Place the hazelnuts on a clean tea towel and gently rub to remove the skins. Place the warm nuts and cacao in large food processor and process for 4–6 minutes until ground, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- While the motor is running, gradually pour in the maple syrup until well combined. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool. Spread on fruit toast to serve. Makes 1½ cups.
There are no comments for this entry yet.