- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers (400g), deseeded, grated
- ¼ cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup (280g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan over low heat. Add the garlic, chilli and lemon zest and cook, stirring, for 1–2 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Place the cucumber in a clean tea towel and squeeze out any excess liquid. Place the cucumber in a medium bowl with the mint, yoghurt, lemon juice and salt. Stir to combine and top with the cooled oil mixture to serve. Makes 1½ cups.
There are no comments for this entry yet.