oven-baked barbecue pork
and cabbage spring rolls
- 100g store-bought Chinese barbecue pork, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 cup (80g) shredded wombok (Chinese cabbage)
- sea salt flakes
- 8 Peking duck pancake wrappers, thawed+
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- cracked black pepper, micro (baby) purple shiso leaves and pickled chilli, to serve
- Preheat oven to 240°C (475°F). Place the pork, hoisin sauce, wombok and salt in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Place the pancakes on a clean surface. Divide the cabbage mixture between the pancakes. Brush the edge with egg, fold 2 ends in and roll to enclose. Place, seam-side down, on an oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Brush with the oil and cook for 12–15 minutes or until golden and crisp. Sprinkle with pepper and shiso, and serve with pickled chilli. Serves 8.
+ Peking duck pancake wrappers are available in the freezer section of Asian grocers.
There are no comments for this entry yet.